|Home||» Products||» Water Proofing||» Water Reducer Chemical|
Water Reducer Chemical
Water Reducer Chemical :
· To improve the effectiveness of the water content of a concrete mix
· Higher dosages provide effective means of reducing concrete permeability and thereby reducing water penetration.
1. Allows specified strength grades to be met at reduced cement content or increased workability.
2. Water reduction significantly improves compressive strengths at all ages and enhances durability through the production of low permeability concrete.
3. Minimizes the risk of segregation and bleeding and assists in the production of a dense, close textured surface, improving durability.
4. Chloride free, safe for use in prestressed and reinforced concrete.
PLASTCONE AW+ is a chloride free water reducing admixture based on selected sugar-reduced lignosulphonates. It is supplied as a brown solution which instantly disperses in water.
PLASTCONE AW+ disperses the fine particles in the concrete mix, enabling the water content of the concrete to perform more effectively and improving the consistency of the concrete. This produces higher levels of workability for the same water content, allowing benefits such as water reduction and increased strengths to be taken.
The optimum dosage of PLASTCONE AW+ to meet specific requirements should always be determined by trials using the materials and conditions that will be experienced in use. This allows the optimization of admixture dosage and mix design and provides a complete assessment of the concrete mix. A starting point for such trials is to use a dosage within the normal typical range of 0.20 to 0.50 Kg /100kg of cementitious material, including PFA,GGBFS and micro silica.
Use at other dosages:
Dosages outside the typical ranges quoted above may be used if necessary and suitable to meet particular mix requirements, provided that adequate supervision is available. Compliance with requirements must be accessed through trial mixes.
Plastcone AW conforms to IS:2645-2003.
· Appearance: Brown liquid
· Specific gravity: 1.150 - 1.170 @250C
· Chloride content: Nil as per IS:2645-2003
· Air entrainment: Typically less than 1.5%. Additional air is entrained at normal dosages.
· Alkali content: Typically less than 5.0g Na2O equivalent / liter of admixture.