|Home||» Products||» Concrete Admixture||» Retarding Admixture|
Retarding water reducing admixture
· To improve the effectiveness of the water content of a concrete mix,
· To extend the setting time of concrete, extending working times and minimizing delay problems,
· To extend the working life of semi-dry concrete screeds
· Particularly suitable for use in mixes having fly ash and also improve the working life of semi dry concrete mixes, specifically RCC (Roller Compacted Concrete) type of mixes.
· Water reduction significantly improves compressive strengths at all ages and enhances durability through the production of low permeability concrete
· Controlled retardation extends working life and stiffening time for ease of construction
· Control of stiffening improves slip forming and assists in preventing the formation of cold joints in large pours
· Allows specified strength grades to be met at reduced cement content or increased workability
· Chloride free, safe for use in prestressed and reinforced concrete
PLASTCONE R is a chloride free water reducing admixture based on selected hydroxycarboxylic materials. It is supplied as a brown solution which instantly disperses in water. PLASTCONE R disperses the fine particles in the concrete mix, enabling the water content of the concrete to perform more effectively. The initial hydration of the cement is also delayed, resulting in a delay in the setting time of the concrete with no adverse effect on subsequent stiffening and strength gain.
The optimum dosage of PLASTCONE R to meet specific requirements should always be determined by trials using the materials and conditions that will be experienced in use. This allows the optimization of admixture dosage and mix design and provides a complete assessment of the concrete mix. A starting point for such trials is to use a dosage within the normal typical range of 0.25 to 0.60 liters / 100 kg of cementitious material, including PFA, GGBFS or micro silica.
Use at other dosages:
Dosages outside the typical range quoted above may be used if necessary and suitable to meet particular mix requirements, provided that adequate supervision is available. Compliance with requirements must be accessed through trial mixes. REDWOP shall be contacted for advice in these cases.
· Appearance: Brown liquid
· Specific gravity: Typically 1.250 - 1.270 at 270C
· Chloride content: Nil to IS:456
· Air entrainment: Typically slightly less air will be entrained than in a normal concrete mix.
· Alkali content: Typically less than 55.0g Na2O equivalent /liter of admixture.