|Home||» Products||» Sealant||» Poly Sulphide Based Sealant|
Poly Sulphide Based Sealant
Multi-component, gun and pouring grade, polysulphide sealant
Sealing movement joints in building and civil engineering structures, including superstructures, reservoirs, floors, basements and subways.
- A high quality product meeting key international standards
- Forms a tough, elastic rubber-like seal
- Accommodates continuous and cyclic movement
- Excellent adhesion to most common substrates
- High resistance to ageing reduces physical damage due to climatic extremes
Standards compliance :
- British Standard BS 4254: 1983.
- British Standard BS 6920: 1988 (gun grade grey).
- U.S. Federal Specification TT-S-00227E November 1969 (amended 1970).
- Water Byelaws Scheme – Approved Product.
- DTp specification for Highway Works Dec 1991 series 1000 clause 1017.
- ASTM C 920-87, Type M, Class 25.
REDOFLEX is a multi-component joint sealant, based on a liquid polysulphide polymer, which when mixed and applied, cures to form a tough, rubber-like seal. The cured sealant exhibits excellent adhesion to most surfaces including primed concrete, glass, aluminium and stainless steel.
REDOFLEX is available in gun and pouring grades. The gun grade is ideal for general application. It is packed in a ready to mix, two and a half litre tin containing the base and curing agent in the correct proportions. The pouring grade for joints in horizontal surfaces is supplied in 5 litre packs with the base and curing agent in separate tins. Both these grades are available in Grey colour only. For colored sealants, Redwop recommends the use a single component high performance silly terminated polyether sealant, available in white, grey, black, Portland, rustic red and brown.