|Home||» Products||» Concrete Admixture||» High Range Water Reducer|
High Range Water Reducer
- To produce pumpable concrete
- To produce high strength, high grade concrete M30 & above by substantial reduction in water resulting in
- low permeability and high early strength.
- To produce high workability concrete requiring little or no vibration during placing.
- Improved workability - Easier, quicker placing and compaction.
- Increased strength - Provides high early strength for precast concrete with the advantage of higher water reduction ability.
- Improved quality - Denser, close textured concrete with reduced porosity and hence more durable.
- Higher cohesion - Risk of segregation and bleeding minimized; thus aids pumping of concrete
- Chloride free - Safe in prestressed concrete and with sulphate resisting cements and marine aggregates.
PLASTCONE AP430 complies with IS: 9103:1999 and BS: 5075 Part 3. PLASTCONE AP430 conforms to ASTM-C-494
Type 'F' and Type 'A' depending on the dosages used.
PLASTCONE AP430 is based on Sulphonated Napthalene Polymers and supplied as a brown liquid instantly
dispersible in water. PLASTCONE AP430 has been specially formulated to give high water reductions upto 25%
without loss of workability or to produce high quality concrete of reduced permeability.
Specific gravity: 1.150 to 1.190 at 300C
Chloride content: Nil to IS: 456
Air entrainment: Approx. 1% additional air is entrained
Compatibility: Can be used with all types of cements except high alumina cement. PLASTCONE AP430 is
compatible with other types of PLASTCONE admixtures when added separately to the mix. Site trials should
be carried out to optimize dosages
Workability: Can be used to produce flowing concrete that requires no compaction. Some minor
adjustments may be required to produce high workable mix without segregation.
Cohesion: Cohesion is improved due to dispersion of cement particles thus minimizing segregation and
improving surface finish.
Compressive strength: Early strength is increased up to 20% if water reduction is taken advantage of.
Generally, there is improvement in strength up to 20% depending upon W/C ratio and other mix
Durability: Reduction in W/C ratio enables increase in density and impermeability thus enhancing durability of concrete.
The optimum dosage is best determined by site trials with the concrete mix which enables the effects of
workability, strength gain or cement reduction to be measured. Site trials with PLASTCONE AP430 should always