|Home||» Products||» Surface Treatment||» Curing Compound|
Water based concrete curing compound
For spraying on freshly cast concrete, or newly exposed concrete surfaces after removal of form work, to form a temporary membrane which will retain sufficient moisture for effective curing to take place. Used for concreting generally but especially useful for large areas of concrete such as pavements, runways and bridge decks; also for vertical or sloping surfaces as on towers, chimneys, canal linings, columns and beams, where water curing is difficult or unreliable.
· Single application: Forms moisture barrier for whole of the curing period.
· No other curing necessary: Eliminates use of water, hessian or sand, completely.
· Reliable: No risk of erratic or poor curing and ensures that cement hydrates efficiently.
· Ensures hard-wearing surface: Minimizes risk of drying shrinkage, cracks and dusty surfaces.
· Easy and sage spray application: Non-toxic and nonflammable.
REDICURE WB is a white, low viscosity wax emulsion which incorporates a special alkali reactive emulsion breaking system. This system ensures that the emulsion breaks down to form a non penetrating continuous film immediately upon contact with a cementitious surface. This impervious film prevents excessive water evaporation which in turn permits more efficient cement hydration, thus reducing shrinkage and increasing durability. Once formed, the membrane will remain on the concrete surface until eventually broken down and eroded by natural weathering. Where it is required to apply a further treatment to such concrete surface, it may be necessary to remove the membrane remaining after curing by wire brushing or other Mechanical means.
The use of curing membranes on internal floor slabs is generally to be avoided where additional surface finishes are to be applied. REDICURE WB is however ideal where the concrete surface of a floor slabs is to be left as 'finished'.
Redicure WB gives 75% or greater curing efficiency when tested to BS 7542 and complies with BS 8110 Part 1, clause 6.6.3(c), ASTM C309 and AASHTO M148 as Type 1D.
- Color Bulk liquid - White
- Minimum application temperature - 100C