|Home||» Products||» Concrete Admixture||» Air Entrainent|
Air entraining admixture
To produce air entrained concrete for increased durability and resistance to damage by frost and deicing salts. Typical applications include concrete roads and bridge decks, airport runways and taxiways and other extensive areas of concrete exposed to potential frost damage. To improve cohesion and workability of concrete mixes where poorly graded aggregates must be used and bleeding, segregation or sand runs occur. As part of a combined admixture system for the production of ready mixed retarded mortar.
· Air entrainment increases the resistance of concrete to attack by frost and de-icing salts, reducing problems of surface scaling and concrete failure.
· Entrained air bubbles assist in the formation of a stable cohesive mix, reducing segregation and bleeding.
· Air entrainment improves workability and helps produce a dense, uniform, close textured surface free from gravel nests and sand runs, so further enhancing durability.
· Excellent air bubble stability allows use with a wide range of aggregate qualities and mix conditions.
PLASTCONE AIRENT is a chloride free air entraining admixture based on neutralized Vinson resin. It is supplied as water white Colored solution which instantly disperses in water.
PLASTCONE AIRENT acts at the interface between the mixing water and cement/aggregate particles to produce microscopic air bubbles, which are evenly distributed throughout the concrete. The entrained air enhances durability by providing protection. Against the rapid temperature changes found in freezing and thawing conditions and with the use of de-icing salts.
· Appearance: Water white colored liquid
· Chloride content: Nil
· Specific gravity: 1.01 at 270C
· Alkali content: Typically less than 14.0g Na2O equivalent /liter of admixture.
· pH: 7